Re-posted from http://www.paxchristiusa.org/:
The Office of Black Catholic Ministries in the Archdiocese of New Orleans challenges all of us in making the celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day a "Day On, Not Off." In your community, observe MLK Day by:
* Participating in a prayer service or liturgy honoring Dr. King. Many dioceses hold special Masses in their home cathedrals to observe this day.
* Attending a march or rally celebrating the day. Attend with your local Pax Christi group or bring your family.
* Making a commitment to connect this month with Diocesan Offices for Black Catholics, Latino/a Catholics, Offices of Multicultural Ministry or focusing on diversity, Offices for Immigrants or Refugees. Find out how you or your Pax Christi group can be supportive of their efforts on issues of peace and justice within your community.
* Learning about the civil rights history of your own community and how the movement has shaped issues today.
* Joining service projects in your community aimed at alleviating poverty, rebuilding neglected communities, educating children, etc.