“If you see injustice and say nothing, you have taken the side of the oppressor.”-- Desmund TutuCreative Nonviolence transforms our lives and our world by unleashing our capacity for connection, compassion, and cooperation to:
- Break the cycle of violence
- Free ourselves and others from destructive fear
- Struggle actively for change
- Create a more even playing field
- Celebrate differences while affirming the interdependence of all beings, and
- Discover constructive and sustainable ways of life.
Pace e Bene is a network originally founded by Father Louis Vitale, OFM, and other Franciscans in California to promote education, resources, and action for nonviolent change. http://paceebene.org/pace-e-bene-s-vision. Consider the “Daily Practices for Nonviolent Living” http://paceebene.org/nonviolent-change-101/tools-nonviolent-living/nonviolent-journey/daily-practices. Since its founding in 1989, over 25,000 people in North and South America, Africa, and other places, have taken 600 Pace e Bene workshops to gain tools for more healthy relationships and to create a new society. If you feel saddened by the news of violence around us, consider using the Pace e Bene website which is like a school for learning inner and outer peace http://paceebene.org/nonviolent-change-101.