Encourage your children or those at your school to think about the world around them and consider their impact upon it. There are many websites with resources which you can use to introduce climate change, global warming and environmental justice topics into curriculum subjects such as RE, science, geography and citizenship. If there is space available, create an eco-friendly garden full of plants and insects.
What can I do to help?
- Encourage the use of public transport or cycling to school or set up a ‘walking bus’
- Install bicycle racks at the school
- When rebuilding or refurbishing the school, use eco-friendly materials and building techniques
- Consider changing to a green electricity supplier
- Use eco-friendly cleaning products that do not harm the environment
- Check to see if there is an Environmental Policy written for the school and if not, ask about instigating one.
- Consider everything the school buys and uses and be aware of it’s impact on the environment whether through manufacturing, mining, deforestation or pollution.
Green School Programme