We invite you to participate in the Global Day of Action and Prayer for Syria on Wednesday, September 21st, the International Day of Peace.
Five plus years of war has taken a heavy toll on our Syrian brothers and sisters. On September 21 we will send a resounding interfaith call for an end to the devastating conflict that has shattered Syria.
Here are some ways to take part in the Global Day of Action and Prayer for Syria:
- Plan a prayer service or other activity in your community in conjunction with the day. Resources and a toolkit are posted on the Global Ministries website.
- Prior to the service, this interfaith Call for an End to the War in Syria will be issued at a press conference. We invite you to Endorse the Call by adding the name of your congregation, organization and community to the list of sponsors by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pressure your members of Congress and the White House to cease funding appropriations for military support and training of armed groups in Syria.
- Call on the Obama Administration to redouble U.N. efforts toward an immediate ceasefire in Syria, and urge that peace negotiations include a commitment to free and fair elections.
- Follow the Syrian Nonviolence Movement on Facebook.